where?

Discussion and help on Ewisoft Template Maker

Moderator: Moderators

where?

Postby 514Y3r » Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:46 am

where can I get free templates that´s converted and ready for ewisoft webbuilder?
514Y3r

TEmplates

Postby ewisoft user » Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:36 pm

That is EXACTLY my question...are we restricted to being stuck with either the Templates available with Ewisoft or building our own???
ewisoft user

Re: TEmplates

Postby kelvin_g » Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:35 am

ewisoft user wrote:That is EXACTLY my question...are we restricted to being stuck with either the Templates available with Ewisoft or building our own???

1) We will supply some free templates.
2) We offer free tools to make templates. There is no limit of templates' use. You may sell them.
3) We are looking for web designers who are willing to convert their design to Ewt template.
The major problem is that most of the web designers want to change some money for their work, (which is reasonable also).
So if you can find or order some templates, we offer free tool (template builder) to convert them.
Kelvin Gan
Technical Support of Ewisoft Co.
kelvin_g
Registered Customer
Registered Customer

Re: TEmplates

Postby peartree » Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:41 am

kelvin_g wrote:
ewisoft user wrote:3) We are looking for web designers who are willing to convert their design to Ewt template.
The major problem is that most of the web designers want to change some money for their work, (which is reasonable also).
So if you can find or order some templates, we offer free tool (template builder) to convert them.

The question here, then, should be "What templates will the Builder convert?". Is it any HTML? Is it CSS? Etc....
thepeartree
peartree

Kelvin

Postby ewisoft user » Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:58 pm

I have found a couple templates that I would like to convert, but the template program does NOT convert templates. Additionally, when I even tried to USE the template program, I got a bunch of gibberish when I tried to "get" an "author ID".

Can you tell me how to convert an existing free template (i.e., a template that I found on a free templates site)?

Thanks.
ewisoft user

Re: Kelvin

Postby kelvin_g » Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:51 am

ewisoft user wrote:Additionally, when I even tried to USE the template program, I got a bunch of gibberish when I tried to "get" an "author ID".

Please input any numbers you like.
We are using this number to prevent different author's templates from overwrite each other. However we found it useless and may remove it in future.

ewisoft user wrote:Can you tell me how to convert an existing free template (i.e., a template that I found on a free templates site)?

Actually the template builder just do two things 1) find the navigation bars, 2) find the content area.
We have a sample coming with template builder. We hope that you can study and understand that. However We are sorry that current version isn't easy enough. we plan to make it WYSIWYG in 1 or 2 month.

Sorry for all inconvenience and delay, but you may work on your website first. Changing a template cost only one click.
Kelvin Gan
kelvin_g
Registered Customer
Registered Customer

Postby mpullen » Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:59 am

guys, creating EWB templates from those "existing" templates out there is -not- an easy thing to do. but, i submit that-- creating a "template" or "theme" for FrontPage or DreamWeaver is -also- -not- an easy thing to do.

the templates that i've done have taken a -lot- of work. you need to study the SAMPLES that Kelvin provided and understand how they work, then, depending on your starting point, -create- or -modify- a "template page" that =conforms= to the way EWT works. When you "get it"-- hey, it's incredible. The software is fantastically flexible-- but like -anything- (software, cars, VCRs, etc)-- there is a trade-off between Flexible and Simple. Personally, i prefer Flexible for this, and take the learning curve as part of the challenge!

Also, don't "diss" Kelvin just because -you- don't understand! i mean, hey-- he's GIVING this software away for cryin' out loud! and hey-- English is -not- his first language. considering those factors, -i- think they're doing -great-.. : )
Mike Pullen
mike@thepcs.net
Pullen Computing
www.pullencomputing.com
West Point, Va
mpullen
Registered Customer
Registered Customer

But...

Postby peartree » Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:44 pm

I haven't had time to spend with the software. Is there a template creatin tutorial? Or manual? If not, then all the templates in the world won't help those users who aren't born programmers. Not to mention whatever time it takes to figure out the way things work.

The fact that it's free doesn't automatically translate into a gem of a program, if people can't figure out how to make it work.
thepeartree
peartree

Postby mpullen » Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:22 pm

with Template Builder are step-by-step instructions to compiling the "sample" template. go through that, then examine the sample.html and see how and where things fit. then, create your own template html file. honestly, i'm not sure how one would explain "generically" how to construct that file; there are as many ways to lay out websites as there are websites! you have to understand at least _some_ html to be able to make a template; i'm no programmer or anything, just a guy who, well, was able to take the time to figure it out...

that said-- if you have a "model" for a site-- a site or "template" that you found someplace, email me and i'll see what i can do to help you "EWT" it... sometimes working together makes it make more sense... : )

mike
Mike Pullen
mike@thepcs.net
Pullen Computing
www.pullencomputing.com
West Point, Va
mpullen
Registered Customer
Registered Customer

Background Color

Postby ewisoft user » Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:48 pm

Kelvin - Is there any way that I can change the background color for the templates that come with the builder? I used the "metal" template, but a number of viewers have told me that the site doesn't look "alive" enough, and I think that the background color could help change that...I haven't figured out a way that I can change the background color for anything but the "edit" aspect; can I do it for the website itself?

Thanks.

PS I have no comprehension of the template program, as I am not AT ALL a computer programmer...
ewisoft user

Postby kelvin_g » Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:09 am

sorry, not right now. We plan to add that function. We also plan to let users be able to assemble a template by page head, foot, left, right, etc. So that more people can use more templates.
Kelvin Gan
kelvin_g
Registered Customer
Registered Customer

Template Width

Postby ewisoft user » Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:49 am

Kelvin:

I have another question about the template that I am using -- Metal.

A number of users of my website, built with the Metal template, have complained that it is too WIDE, requiring them to scroll not only up and down, but also side-to-side. Is there any way that I can fix that, or am I stuck with it being like that?

If I am stuck with it, is there a way that I can transfer the content of my built web from the ewisoft web builder to another web builder? Although I really do appreciate the ewisoft software, if the prospective users of my website find it too hard to navigate, or not user friendly, then I will need to move to another web builder, especially given that I cannot get a different template to work with ewisoft, and iven that I am not proficient enough to build my own template.

Thanks, Kelvin.

- Bob
ewisoft user

Re: Template Width

Postby kelvin_g » Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:13 am

ewisoft user wrote:A number of users of my website, built with the Metal template, have complained that it is too WIDE, requiring them to scroll not only up and down, but also side-to-side. Is there any way that I can fix that, or am I stuck with it being like that?

In most case it is because their content is too wide. Typically they have use a big picture. They can use picture->thumbnail function to get a smaller picture.

ewisoft user wrote:If I am stuck with it, is there a way that I can transfer the content of my built web from the ewisoft web builder to another web builder?

You can publish it to a folder, or "copy and paste".

ewisoft user wrote:I will need to move to another web builder, especially given that I cannot get a different template to work with ewisoft, and iven that I am not proficient enough to build my own template.

There will be more templates.
Kelvin Gan
kelvin_g
Registered Customer
Registered Customer

Website Width

Postby ewisoft user » Sat Sep 18, 2004 6:37 pm

go to www.allthebestinfo.com and you will see what I mean. It's the width of the website itself that is too wide, it is not any pictures. The website itself requires a scrolling to the left and right, and a nubmer of people have told me it is too annoying to do that. Someone today suggested that it has something to do with the website being set to a certain screen resolution value.

Please visit the site, and you will see what I mean.

Let me know how I can fix it so that the website doesn't require users to scroll to the right to see the full website.

Thanks.

- Bob
ewisoft user

Postby mpullen » Sat Sep 18, 2004 8:12 pm

oh-- that's an easy one: change your logo!!! it's the logo that makes the page too wide... : )

try doing your logo smaller-- say 200 or 300 pixels wide at the most...

give that a shot, and let us know!

mike
Mike Pullen
mike@thepcs.net
Pullen Computing
www.pullencomputing.com
West Point, Va
mpullen
Registered Customer
Registered Customer

Next

Return to Template Maker Help