Top of Page links

Get some feedback from your peers on Webdesign, HTML, Stylesheets and all things related!

Moderator: Moderators

Top of Page links

Postby Kevin Sawatzky » Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:49 pm

Thanks for your reply Vaatsaru. I think I have found a workaround to my problem, using some of your advice and some trial and error.

I used the code as in my original question, but then I DID NOT use Edit, View, or Preview modes. I immediately saved the changes and uploaded them to my server. Now all the "Back to top" links work well. If fully qualified links are used then the whole page reloads, right? This is OK, but would make things a bit slow for users. Also I just like the look better when jumping around on the page.

I have another question about top of page links and the template. I use one of the free templates, Contemporary, because this is my first attempt at making a website and I need to focus my energy on growing my business.

When I click the "Back to top" links they take me only to where I have entered text, and I cannot see the banner made by the template. I'd like the top of page link to go before the template, so the tamplate shows up too. When I check for this in HTML mode the template does not even appear. How can I fix this? Do I need to design a new template?
Kevin Sawatzky
Excite! English
Kevin Sawatzky
Registered Customer
Registered Customer

Postby vickijgarcia » Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:12 am

All you need to do is instead of referencing #top use # by itself like this <a href="http://www.ewisoft.com/page.htm#">

This way a visitor will always jump to the top of the page.
Ewisoft Support and Forum Moderator
vickijgarcia
Registered Customer
Registered Customer

Return to Webdesign (HTML, CSS, Javascript, PHP, ASP and more)